.:Follow me Okay DooDs:.

Monday, October 10, 2011

WHAT DOES AN ART STUDENT DO??: VER 0.7

Assalamualaikum w.b.t

Seperti yang dijanjikan pada Ver0.6, I will be posting up about one of my favorite assignment this semester, which was also one of the major subjects, it was labeled with the code of PDT212: CREATIVE N MULTIMEDIA IMAGING. This subject mainly revolves with using computer softwares which is Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Director. and we need to make a flash based slides of any subject relevant. I decided to do about DSLR camera since Im so hyped in finding information about these things. 

Softwares that Ive been using for this assingment is

Adobe Photoshop




As we all usually sees in the webs and internet, there are lots of flash based program and we didnt really know how it was made. So after I learned doing this thing, I know it is not easy and it took alot of works and consideration in making one of these. A lot of heavy picture editting, alot of picture snapping and some few sleepless nights trying to finish this assignment on time. How long did it took me? Nearly 2~3 months due. IS it really that long?? YES it is, bcuz first of all u need to design EVERY pages separately via Photoshop and MUST not FLATTEN the images as every bits of button and details are considered moving when transferring them to the Director. 

Confused? Maybe some illustrations will make things more clearer.


This is my first page design for the slide. as you all can see that I have used multiple numbers of images and done some editing to them, which was the first step. After finishing and transfer images to Director, first off you must not save as JPEG format or flatten the image as it will be the whole lot if you transfer it directly to Director later. What to do? Save all of those important which stuffs like button or images that you want to make them move in a different file.

  

Look at the right side bar of your screen where your LAYER window is situated. Notice the EYE icon at every item. you need to click them once so it wont be visible. This is very useful when u want to see a different images that were overlapping or want to save images in separate files. Click at the items/layers that you dont want to include including the background layer.


as you all can see from the image above, I have closed all the layers that I dont want to include which only leaves this ENTER button. after that click on FILE>SAVE AS. Make sure that you are saving in PSD format as it will affect how it appears in Director later. If you save it n JPEG, the button/image will have a white background if you add it in Director later on.


Owh and another quick tip, make sure that you create a new folder for these page so it wont scatter off and messes up your working process.

So the next process is transferring all your files to Director.


Interface of the Micromedia Director. So first of, you need to import all your saved files from the photoshop. So how to do it? Click at FILE>IMPORT. Find your file source and you can multiple choose your files by holding ctrl button while clicking.


Click at ADD first then IMPORT to transfer the files.
Note that you can transfer multiple number of files together in one go.



All the files that have been transfered will be visible at the boxes below the timeline bar. Decide which files to be placed first as the the layer on top will be one at the most behind layer among others. SO as an example I will place the background at the top line after the Canon layer.


So at the display window, the background image will rest behind the canon image as it was the most top layer in the timeline. So that is the brief explaination about the layers in Director. 


At the time line bar, you can edit for how long the images will appear, just click and drag the bar for as long as you please. After you have placed all your desired layers and images, it is time to give it a test run by click the play button at the top bar.

The Play button

All the images and layers will be viewed here at the stage window

So I guess that covers up a little brief explaination and a little tutorial of using Macromedia Director. If you guys like me to post up a full tutorial of using Director then comment a request tutorial at this post later. So continue on my story, after 3 months of tiring nights with heavy picture editing and designing, I have finally compiled up to a total of 30 pages with some heavy animations in Director. I had to say that all my hard work paid of and Hopefully Im gonna get an A for this assignment. :D

After finishing all my softcopy stuffs it is on to Hardcopy items. I need to design a DVD cover for this software. 

Front View

Back view






I also need to print out my hardcopy of timeline that I made using Adobe Illustrator. Its a must during the presentation as to explain what comes next and what to explain on the current slide. 

The timeline board.

So here comes the best part. You must mesti nk tengok my final work rite? and so I had the time to record my Flash with some recording software so that you guys can have a look at it. to bad I cant publish it online cuz I had some errors with my files here. So there you have it.







So what do you guys think? Though Im still far away from being perfect or a Graphic Designer bcuz I still have a lot to learn. Anyways dont forget to rate, and as I said before If u guys want to do some tutorials just request em and I'll see what I can do. Anyways thats all for todays post. Till the next installment doods. Cheers :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...